Wednesday, May 2, 2012
New Shows My Damn Channel
MY DAMN CHANNEL RESURRECTS WEB PHENOMENON
"YOU SUCK AT PHOTOSHOP" AND ANNOUNCES 2012 ORIGINAL LINE-UP
Over 30 Original Comedy Series Premiering Inside
My Damn Channel LIVE Weekdays at 4 p.m. ET
My Damn Channel (www.MyDamnChannel.com), an entertainment studio and distributor of premium content, today announced an expansive slate of programming, with over 30 new original comedy series launching in 2012, plus the return of its breakthrough hit series, You Suck At Photoshop. The series previously won three Webby awards including Best Comedy Series and was named one of TIME magazine’s best shows of 2008. You Suck At Photoshop videos are shared heavily and often co-created by fans who have viewed episodes more than 40 million times.
You Suck at Photoshop helped define the “mockutorial” genre and became a prime example of trans-media storytelling when creator Troy Hitch partnered with My Damn Channel to launch the series just after the network’s debut in 2007. A mysterious host, Donnie Hoyle, teaches real Photoshop skills, while his life unravels comedically in every episode. The voice of Donnie, which many fans presumed to be Dane Cook, was silenced after a vicious attack by an unknown assailant in episode 20, almost four years ago. Season 3 reveals that Donnie is alive, back with a vengeance, and in need of viewers’ Photoshop assistance at www.MyDamnChannel.com/YouSuckAtPhotoshop.
The 2012 My Damn Channel line-up includes over 30 new original comedy series featuring top talent from TV, film and the Internet. Every series will have its own destination on My Damn Channel and on YouTube, with all episodes premiering inside My Damn Channel LIVE. The live daily comedy show, which recently launched as part of YouTube’s original channels initiative, is hosted by Beth Hoyt, and features original comedy, major celebrity guests and constant audience interaction. Viewers can subscribe at www.YouTube.com/MyDamnChannel, where the show airs weekdays at 4 p.m. ET. It also airs on www.MyDamnChannel.com/LIVE, and is available on demand at both destinations.
My Damn Channel LIVE has earned strong viewership and engagement in its first month. My Damn Channel has experienced a 25 percent increase in video views on its own site and on its YouTube channel, where weekly new subscribers, shares, favorites, and time spent viewing all doubled. “Likes” grew five-fold and comments increased 20x since the LIVE show began in late March.
“We’ve tripled the amount of original comedy production this year to give more talent the chance to reach a large audience,” said Rob Barnett, Founder/CEO of My Damn Channel. “The massive increase in premium programming you’re seeing from the entire online community in 2012 gives advertisers more opportunities to partner with companies leading the charge.”
In addition to My Damn Channel LIVE and You Suck At Photoshop, the company’s original programming line-up in the first-half of 2012 includes (in alphabetical order):
Celebrity Sleepovers: My Damn Channel comedian Mark Malkoff saves money on a long trip to L.A. by convincing stars to let him crash at their place. Guests include Justine Bateman, Ed Begley Jr., Dick Cavett, Rob Corddry, Dave Coulier, Carly Craig, Paul Feig, Buck Henry, iJustine, Lisa Loeb, Camryn Manheim, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Phil Rosenthal, Kristen Schaal, Kate Walsh, Steven Weber and… and Kato Kaelin.
· Co-Op of the Damned: Roommates from hell occupy the most-haunted co-op in Manhattan.
· Daddy Knows Best: Steve Rannazzisi (The League on FX) stars as a terrible father who can't stop lying to his wife.
· The Jon Friedman Internet Program: The world’s fastest comedy series (live-action and animated), from NYC writer/comedian/producer Jon Friedman (Guy Code, The Rejection Show, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon).
· Gilbert Gets It: The My Damn Channel LIVE online audience tasks the comedian’s comedian, Gilbert Gottfried, to skewer odd and offbeat topics and Internet trends.
· Kicking Dan Out: Each month a new group of people kick actor/writer/comedian Dan St. Germain (Comedy Central, MTV) out of their apartment for being a terrible person.
· Linked Out: Comedy troupe Junior Varsity mocks tech and social media trends.
· McMayhem: Matt McManus attacks the streets of L.A. with a show that takes pranks to a whole new level. Hosted by Stephen Seidel.
· Murderfist: Twisted sketch comedy troupe from NYC with videos featuring Henry Zebrowski.
· Product Displacement: Fake commercials from the comedy troupe Captain Hippo.
· Sing-A-Gram: Minimum wage worker, Kim (Mamrie Hart), delivers singing telegrams filled with too much information to unsuspecting clients.
· Save the Super Force (working title): This live-action comedy documents the hard times of the world’s most famous team of superhumans. On top of battling ruthless super villains, the Super Force deals with office romances, a shrinking budget, and parking tickets on their Invisi-Jet. Created by and starring Sandeep Parikh (The Guild, Legend of Neil), with a revolving door of notable guest appearances including Felicia Day (The Guild, Eureka, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog).
· Status Kill - Season 2: A covert agent's deadly missions are constantly interrupted by his social media addiction. Created by Jesse Cowell (Drawn by Pain).
· The Tweekly News: Hosted by comedians Randy and Jason Sklar (HISTORY’s The United Stats of America, ESPN Classic’s Cheap Seats, Back on Topps), The Tweekly News is a weekly look at all things popular culture through the eyes of Twitter.
· Workless: A series so insane, we had to launch our first workplace comedy. Created by Brit McAdams (director, Tosh.0 and writer/director, Katt Williams: American Hustle).
More detailed information about each of these series can be found at www.MyDamnChannel.com.
About My Damn Channel
My Damn Channel is a leading entertainment studio and distributor of premium content. Since launching in 2007, it has produced thousands of original videos by major stars and emerging artists from TV, film and the Internet. The studio has created some of the most successful comedy series online, including Wainy Days, Horrible People, You Suck at Photoshop and videos by Harry Shearer. My Damn Channel creates premium, branded entertainment and targeted distribution campaigns for major advertisers. In addition to www.MyDamnChannel.com – one of TIME Magazine’s Best 50 Websites of 2011 – the company operates Blog, Vlog and Talent Networks plus a music channel run by Don Was.
My Damn Channel LIVE is a daily, live, comedy show, hosted by Beth Hoyt, airing weekdays at 4 p.m. ET on www.YouTube.com/MyDamnChannel and www.MyDamnChannel.com/LIVE, and available on demand.
Since My Damn Channel LIVE launched as part of the YouTube original channels initiative a month ago, My Damn Channel has seen video views on its site + YouTube grow 25%, with key engagement metrics doubling or better. In addition to audience interaction and interviews with celebrity guests, this LIVE daily comedy show features world premiere videos from the company’s original comedy series: with more than 30 new series launching in 2012.
For comedy news order The Comic Bible Magazine www.thecomicbible.com